April 25, 2011

Search Engine Optimization

LinkMy position with Landmark Group, Search Engine Optimizer, causes me to wear several hats. The main responsibility I have is the maintenance, upkeep and search engine optimization (SEO) of the Landmark Group and Dino's Storage websites. I'm also in charge of the creation, upkeep and SEO of our agents' sites, among countless other random duties.

(Jennifer Murdoch and Chris Bauer were the first two Realtors to have a finished site. Check them out!)

Along with web development and SEO comes lots of programming, an area in which I am unfortunately not too knowledgeable. But even in general, I've been a little slower than most because this is my first job out of college. I graduated a semester early from UNL this past December with a Bachelor of Journalism in advertising. I double majored in Spanish and earned a minor in English. I studied abroad last spring in Barcelona, Spain and miss it every day. It instilled a thirst in me for adventure and travel that I know will never be quenched - but I digress.

One observation I've made since being here is that the environment is ever-changing. Faces come and go. My mug has made daily appearances for just about a month now and I hope that doesn't change any time soon. I'm really enjoying my first full-time position and being part of the Landmark team. The learning process has been a little slow and multitasking and I are still getting acquainted, but thanks to the help of some very patient co-workers of mine, I'm starting to see things a lot clearer. If I've made it this far, I can't be doing too poorly, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment