September 1, 2011

Technology Has Benefits

This morning I wanted to test a feature for processing credit cards on the web site for Dino's Storage and I used my personal card. I wanted the transaction to fail and it did, three times. Within minutes I received a call from the credit card issuer asking me to verify that those transactions were really mine before they disabled the account. So my card is still active and I have no problems. But if someone else had been using my card it would now be disabled, saving both me and the credit card issuer a lot of headaches.

A few years ago that ability did not exist. This is not the first time I had what was considered suspicious activity, but the last time I had to call the credit card company after it had been disabled and get it reactivated. So as far as I am concerned technology is good and I am enthusiastic about many of the advances in recent years.

No comments:

Post a Comment