November 22, 2011

Determination

As I woke up this morning I was content in the thought of not moving, and I was not feeling very determined to start the day or for that matter any of the rest of the week. There is so much to be done at work, so much shopping to complete before the holidays; my household chores have been neglected, and my children have several activities that I must attend. With all these thoughts weighing on my mind, I felt myself getting weaker and less determined to move from the warm happy spot I was in and then I remembered a quote a good friend once said to me:
"Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen." - Horace Mann
Thinking of these words helped me slowly redirect my thought process to make those thoughts part of my daily to-do-list so I could have the determination to get as many things checked off my list today as possible. So my first lesson to myself today was to get out of bed and start the day with the determination I needed to make things happen for myself. Each item I cross of the list today will be a small accomplishment that at the end of the day I can look back on and realize who I am through what I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment