- My kids eat mostly Paleo. And don't get me wrong, I have the occasional cinnamon roll. But for the most part at dinner we eat mostly meat and veggies and fruit. Kids will really eat what their parents eat. Remember, they want to be like mom and dad. If you drink Mountain Dew and eat Cheetos, your kids will too.
- I honestly think God intended us to eat meat. The Bible does say that animals were put on this earth for humans to eat. If he did not intend it to be that way, why are pork ribs so good? For all you vegans out there YOU ARE MISSING ONE OF THE BEST PARTS OF LIFE! Once you try bacon, you will never go back!
- I am significantly stronger. I was somewhat powerful eating Vegan but eating meat changed things. The 45 lb Olympic bar just feels lighter. As far as a better runner, I am not sure. Running is really where my passion is, but it's just too early to tell how this diet has effected my running. (Although I did complete a 12:34 in my first Ironman.)
- I would do everything you can do to buy a whole or a partial cow from a local farmer. I like Thistles and Clover because the beef is 100% grass fed. Plus, it is so convenient to have a freezer full of meat ready to go.
- Everyone tells me that I look better, from my wife to my mom to friends that I do not see me that often. They all say I look healthier.
- My wife says my skin feels more natural. What the heck? Not sure what this even means but she says she cannot describe it but there is a difference. Grrrrrrrr!
- You have go to try my Paleo crunch cereal. Take equal parts almonds, walnuts, pecans and almond meal and mix it up. Throw in some blueberries, strawberries and use unsweetened almond milk. Wow! If you want something sweet, try a little honey. Delicious!
November 8, 2011
Eat Like a Cave Man
Paleolithic Diet. The Paleo Diet is basically eating what a caveman ate or as close to it as possible. This means no processed foods, no dairy, no beans, no bread. Basically all you eat are meat, veggies, fruit and nuts. Although I have only been doing following the Paleo Diet for 11 months, there have been some noticeable changes: