April 16, 2012

Marketing Firepower

I know, I have a Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing. But until about four years ago, I did not really follow what I had learned in school. What happened four years ago? I reconnected with Jeff Dostal of Marketing Firepower. Jeff and I went to Norfolk Catholic High School together. Jeff completely revolutionized what I think about marketing, advertising and prospecting. Here are some of the things I learned.

1. Building a brand takes time.
2. If you want to succeed, you need to dedicate time, money and resources to marketing, advertising and prospecting. They are very different from one another.
3. These three activities are all about consistency.
4. No matter what your budget is, you need to have a budget.
5. You need a plan and you need a team to help you execute that plan.
6.You need to constantly remind people, including your current customers, what you do.
7. You need to reach out and touch your customers often.
8. If you do not focus on growing your business, it will ultimately go out of business.


Jeff has a lot of great resources on his website at:  http://www.marketingfirepower.info/



No comments:

Post a Comment