October 10, 2012

Dont just be a dreamer, be a do-er..

People with goals succeed and those without goals fail.. It is as simple as that. You must first choose your goal, then write that goal down and set a time limit. Once you have set your goal, I suggest that you break your goal into adjustable parts.
 To protect the goal, tell everybody what it is that you want to succeed and what your deadline is. Making sure that you set a goal that can be achievable is very important. One of the goals that I am currently working on and have so far been able to achieve is running. I want to run in a 5K and I want to be able to do this in about 30-45 mins. I have told one of my co workers and he has been very helpful with tips as well as making sure he gives me encouragement. when I get bored and I need the push I go and talk to him and with his suggestions and advice, I am back on track. Making sure that you speak out loud about your goals is very important.

Think of goal setting as a muscle. Like any muscle, the more you use it, the stronger it gets, but you have to be gradual about it. If you overwork a musle you would strain it. To get stronger, muscles need gradual increases in resistance.

Goal setting is the same way.  You have to start small and gradually build up.
   New goal setters should limit themselves to one small "warm-up" goal,  they can pursue from beginning to end in a matter of a few weeks or months. After completing their first goal, they can increase the resistance by pursuing one or two larger goals.

I have listed five reasons why it would be beneficial to set goals:
  • Goals can give you a target to aim for
  • Goals can help you concentrate your time and effort
  • Goals can provide motivation, persitate and desire
  • Goals can help you establish priorities
  • Goals can provide a road map to take you from where you are to where you want to be
"Dont just be a dreamer, be a do-er"

No comments:

Post a Comment