January 22, 2013

Workers Prayer to St. Joseph



With good work ethics and habits seeming to be on the decline in America , let us not forget what and who  built this country .
 I have been blessed to be raised in a family that valued and taught me to take pride in whatever work I do and in return you will get out of it what you put in to it. My Great grandfather John Cifuno came to this country from Italy in  with nothing but the cloths on his back and through hard work was able to bring his fiance to this country  build and purchase his own home and be the sole provider for his 12 children later to come building a lasting legacy. I learned this prayer from one if his sons my  great uncle Warren. It has helped me get out of bed on those days I really don't want to and has allowed me to follow in those footsteps and be successful in all I do, as well as allowing me the privilege to solely provide for my 5 children . I encourage you to remember this prayer , pray it daily and commit it to heart and you will always keep your head above water and see a difference in all around you .



"St. Joseph , model of all those who are devoted to labor , obtain for me the grace to work conscientiously, putting the call of duty above my many sins ; to work with thankfulness and joy, considering it honor to employ and develop, by means of labor , the gifts received from God ; to work with order , peace , prudence  and patients , never surrendering to weariness or difficulties ; to work , above all , with purity  of intention, and with detachment from self , having always death  before my eyes and the account which I must render of time lost, of talents wasted , of good omitted , of  vain complacency in success so fatal to the work of God.
All in his name , such shall be my motto in life and in death .. Amen."



No comments:

Post a Comment