May 1, 2013

Customer Service in the Pumpkin Patch

A Blog based on the principles of The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy To Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz It goes without saying that customer service involves “customers”. After reading a review of Mike Michalowicz’s book: The Pumpkin Plan, I began to weigh the whole issue of customer service. How do I determine the best approach to customer service and handling the needs of my customers when my time is limited? I first needed to look at my customer base and within that base what customers added the most value to my business. Then I needed to determine what customers were the worst and of the worst I would see what method I could put in place to ditch them (FIRE THEM!). For the customers that added value to my business, I would nurture them; blow them away with customer service and let them know by my action how much I appreciate them. These are the customers that don’t require a lot of attention, and provide me with great referrals, and are not demanding. For the customers that attempt to suck the energy out of me, I would FIRE THEM. I would show them the path to go somewhere else and suck the energy out of someone else (my competitor, perhaps). By firing a customer I am able to regain my TIME which is extremely valuable to me and my company. Landmark Group provides property management services in the Omaha, Nebraska area and has served it’s customers for 25 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment