May 4, 2011

Landmark Group

In two days I will be graduating from the University of Nebraska at Omaha with a double major in Business Management and Real Estate. I thought this day would never come!!! When I graduated from high school four years ago I didn’t know what I wanted to do. I did know two things though, I knew I wanted to go to UNO and that I wanted to be in the College of Business. What in the College of Business, I had absolutely no idea.

My entire life I have had an interest in real estate, so I decided to take a Real Estate Principle and Practices and I loved it! After that class I continued to take other real estate classes such as appraisal, investments, residential finance, and brokerage hoping to someday take my real estate agent or brokerage license exam.

Working at Landmark has continued to peak my interest in the real estate world by adding property management and owning rental properties to my list of things I might considering doing as get older. Starting next week I will be working full time at Landmark helping Dave with Real Estate Property Tax Appeals. Dave and I will be appealing property evaluations to the Douglas County Assessors office.

I never thought graduation day would ever come! I am nervous about going out in the ‘real world’, and finding out where I fit in the huge world of business. Working at Landmark has been a great learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment