August 22, 2011

Self-Storage in Canada

Jennie and I visited our Dino's Storage site in Winnipeg, Manitoba, last week. It was my fourth trip there and Jennie's first. I am frequently asked two questions about this location. First is, "Winnipeg, as in Winnipeg, Canada?" and what comes next is "Why Canada?" The answers are yes, and because Dave liked Winnipeg after visiting a few times.

Winnipeg is not as far as you'd think. Take I-29 straight north for 600 miles and you wind up in the heart of Winnipeg. Winnipeg and Omaha are fairly similar cities when it comes to demographics. It recently acquired the previous NHL team Atlanta Thrashers, now the Winnipeg Jets, adding to its existing array of sports teams for Minor League baseball, Canadian Football League, and World Soccer Academy.

Winter weather may be the only major difference between the Canadian Dino's and the American Dino's. Our self-storage facility in Winnipeg offers the same features as our Midwest sites:
  • drive-up units
  • parking spaces
  • indoor non-climate units
  • heated units (different from climate control)
  • office hours 6 days a week
  • knowledgeable and friendly staff
  • moving truck
  • keypad and gated access
  • packing and moving supplies available

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I are moving in a couple of weeks from a home, into a small apartment because of my husbands work. He got a new job and the company asked him to move to the area immediately. We are thrilled of course, but that doesn't give us enough time to find a house for us. We've decided to just rent an apartment until we are ready to buy a house. However, the downside to downgrading from a house to an apartment, is that you are for fitting a lot of space, and my husband and I seem to have accumulated so much stuff over the years! We would like to find a self storage unit to store some of our belongings in, because there is no way it is going to be able to all fit in our new apartment. What should we expect to pay monthly for a self storage space? My husband and I have never actually rented one before, and we have no idea how much the rates run these days.

    ReplyDelete