November 18, 2011

Teammates Mentoring Program

Scott Frost, Wide receivers coach for U. of Oregon
Teammates is a mentoring program started by Tom and Nancy Osborne in 1991 that aims to provide support and encouragement to school aged youth, and after meeting Tom Osbourne at a Teammates fundraiser a few years ago, I decided I wanted to sign up as volunteer.

A couple of years passed and I still had not signed up. Well, a couple of months ago a friend of mine nominated me to be a mentor. Teammates contacted me, but again I failed to sign up.

I had every excuse in the book. What could I teach a kid? I don’t even have kids of my own. Why would they want me to mentor them? The only person I mentor is my dog Oscar. I am too busy and my work schedule varies.

Then I read an article about former Husker Scott Frost. Reading this changed everything and made me jump off the fence. Click here to read the article.

If you would like more information please contact Chris Bauer at 402-510-1300.

No comments:

Post a Comment