January 21, 2012

Omaha - A Great Place to Live

In this Saturday's column in the Omaha World Herald, Mike Kelly mentions that Omaha and Lincoln made the top ten in a list of the "Ten Best Cities to Raise a Family". This list was prepared by a company called 24/7 Wall Street and published on the AOL Daily Finance web page.

I must say that I agree with the assessment. I have lived in the Omaha area for almost 24 years and I plan to be here a lot longer. This is not only a great place to raise children, but a great place to live after your children have moved away. It has great hospitals and medical schools. It has a vibrant music and arts community. It has a good parks system with bike trails along the Papio. Omaha has made several lists of top cities and my only comment is that it is well deserved and I agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment