February 8, 2012
Self Storage Auctions
1. A facility with a gate and restricted access to tenants only.
2. Consistent, unchanging information from the manager.
3. Familiarize yourself with storage laws (Iowa Law, Nebraska Law) and casually ask the manager about their procedures and compare that with what you know.
4. Ask your friends and family for referrals.
5. Most importantly, go with your gut. You wouldn’t rent an apartment if it didn’t feel right, so don’t put your home or business in a storage unit that doesn’t feel right.