May 31, 2012

St. Louis Jesuits

One of the things I have enjoyed all my life is music.  I began playing an accordion when I was in the second grade and played until I was out of high school.  In high school, I played a saxophone in the school band.  When my children were young we had a piano in the house and my two children and I all took lessons.  We do not have those instruments any more but I still enjoy singing in the St. Columbkille church choir.

On Sunday, June 10, I will join with many of my fellow choir members plus singers from several other churches as we come together to sing with a group known as the St. Louis Jesuits.  They are a group who were all studying to be Jesuit priests over 30 years ago and they collaborated on some wonderful music.  They have gone their separate ways but continue to compose and perform individually and occasionally get together like they will on June 10.  I would like to invite anyone who enjoys good music to come to the D.J. Sokol Arena at Creighton University at 3:00 for what promises to be a wonderful afternoon.  Tickets start at $20 and are available at the Creighton ticket office at 19th and Burt between 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.  Give them a call at 402-280-5297 and they will be happy to fix you up.  I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment