August 2, 2012

It's Not Your Grandma's Chandelier Anymore


One of the best ways to add warmth and atmosphere to a room is with lighting.  Lighting can be expressed in many different ways from lamps to dimmer switches to up-lighting to hanging pendants; the lists goes on and on.  Some things, like adding a dimmer switch, can be very inexpensive and have dramatic effects!  Some options can cost thousands of dollars.  I don't know about you, but thousands for lighting would not be in my budget.

What style of lighting to choose is totally up to you.  I've decided my style is kind of "eclectic", in that I like a little bit of many different styles.  So if I like it, I'm going to use it. I particularly like "bling" in just about anything!

Pricing is also important to me.  I change my mind too often to invest a lot of money in any one thing except for major furniture anchor pieces, i.e. a sofa or dining table.  So I'm always looking for a bargain.  I love shopping second hand stores and perusing websites for good deals and ideas.  One site I particularly enjoy shopping is Overstock.com. I came across some fabulous hanging chandeliers that might just be perfect for you and your pocketbook. 


Chandeliers aren't just for dining rooms anymore. Think outside the box. Every electrician will tell you NOT to hang one over a bathtub, but I have seen so many beautiful ones in this setting that I might just break the rules. Bedrooms are another popular place for chandeliers.....if you're willing to part with your ceiling fan.  There are so many options.  There is no WRONG place for a chandelier, in my humble opinion.  I love to try new things.  What's the worst that could happen?  If you didn't like it in a certain place, move it.


Ranked 4.5 out of 5 stars.  Available for $163.99 
Ranked 4.5 out of 5 stars.  Available for $151.99 
Here are some of the lovely and affordable options I found on Overstock.com.  I hope this gets your creative juices flowing.  Happy decorating!
Ranked 4.5 out of 5 stars.  Available for $151.99   
Ranked 4.5 out of 5 stars.  Available for $130.99


Ranked 4.5 out of 5 stars.  Available for $250.99
























No comments:

Post a Comment