You may find yourself thinking...
“it’s the holidays, I don’t care if I over-indulge ”. I admit, I have fallen into this thought process many times. Unfortunately this kind of self-talk gets us into trouble.
Eating too much at a holiday dinner seems harmless at the time, but those extra calories can contribute to weight gain that is difficult to lose later in life. Thanksgiving is a time to be Grateful for what we have around us, spending it with our family and friends.. Cherishing the great Moments, so it does get tough to stay on a healthy track when your having so much fun!
Here are some Quick tips on Keeping not just Thanksgiving Pounds off but AS well as through the rest of the holidays!
Don’t let the holidays weigh down on you (literally!). Here are some of my best tips to stay healthy on Thanksgiving.
- Don’t skip all your other meals to “save up” for the big feast. By doing this, you will be more likely to overeat at your Thanksgiving dinner. The best thing to do is make your other meals on the lighter, more healthy side. I like to start my day with a light, healthy breakfast.
- Get some exercise – even if you only have 15 minutes. Morning may be best time for this because as the day gets busy it becomes more difficult to fit in your workout.
- Make water your main beverage. Sugary and/or alcoholic drinks contain a lot of hidden calories.
- Eat slowly. This will give your body more time for the satisfied feeling to kick in, which will stop you from going back for seconds.
- Keep sauces and gravies to a minimum.Fill half of your plate with green vegetables, a quarter of your plate with starch and the remaining quarter with turkey.
- Don’t worry about being perfect. You can only do the best you can with what you’ve got. Thanksgiving is a time to have fun, spend time with family, and enjoy good food. Don’t stress if your meal is not perfectly healthy. It is OK to indulge a bit, just don’t overdo it.
Remember guys The Holidays are a time for relaxing and spending it with your love ones!
Enjoy the Holidays guys! Be safe! xoxo