Below are 14 lessons from Benjamin Franklin about what you should want in life.
1. Less Talk, More Action - Well done is better than well said.
2. Don't Procrastinate - Never leave that 'til tomorrow which you can do today.
3. Be Prepared - By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail.
4. Don't Fight Change - When you are finished changing, you are finished.
5. Get Moving - All of mankind is divided into three classes.... Those that are immovable, those that aren't are movable and those that move.
6. Avoid Busy Work - Never confuse motion with action.
7. Give Yourself Permission to Make Mistakes - Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure.
8. Act Quickly on Opportunities - To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.
9. Continue to Grow - Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every year find you a better man.
10. Keep Going - Diligence is the mother of good luck.
11. Know Yourself - There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond and to know one's self.
12. Don't Self Sabotage - Who has deceived those so often as thyself?
13. Don't Give Up - Energy and persistence conquer all things.
14. Wise Up - Life's Strategy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.